Re: [Shop-talk] Cordless drill/screw driver

To: ShopTalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cordless drill/screw driver
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:20:30 -0500

--00000000000026a18305b90608e7

Howdy,

I bit the bullet a year or two ago, coming from old Milwaukee 18v Nicad
stuff.  In addition to batteries dying, the thing that convinced me was
just how good the 12v Bosch screwdriver I bought was when I wanted
something super small for electrical work.  Turned out that the modern 12v
lithium stuff has as much power as the old 18+ nicad stuff, weighs half as
much, and is smaller in all good ways.

A couple years later... I have both 12v and 18v Milwaukee.  To me, the only
downside of Milwaukee is price.  In every other way they're better or at
absolute worst equal to the other brands.  Performance, tool selection,
ergos, etc.

My recommendation for a drill/driver would absolutely be one of the 12v
Fuel brushless Milwaukees.  After that, my recommendation would be any 12v
brushless brand that has reasonable reviews and you like the feel of it
when you pick it up.

Battery stuff these days is amazing.  I basically never use corded or air
powered handtools any more.

Mark

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 11:36 AM Paul Parkanzky <parkanzky@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use Bosch cordless tools and I am very happy with them, but my friend
> has Milwaukee and they have the best selection of tools right now. They
> have a cordless impact gun that makes 1400 ft.-lbs of torque!!! I have two
> full sets and a bunch of batteries for the Bosch stuff but one of these
> days I'm going to have to bite the bullet and make the switch to red.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Paul
>
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 10:59 AM Tim . <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but I didn't save any of those
>> emails.....
>>
>> I have a $100 menards rebate check and a $60 rebate visa card that are
>> both burning a hole in my pocket. Also, I have the 15% "anything you can
>> fit in the bag" sale bag. I figure $160 is a good starting point and am
>> willing to at least match that 160 or more if necessary to get the best out
>> there right now.
>>
>> So, what is the best right now? I am not worried about a little heavier
>> than most as I am not contractor and this won't get used every day. I am
>> just getting tired of dragging cords. I'd like whatever I get to be the
>> start of going all cordless (skill saw, Sawzall, etc).
>>
>> Thanks all
>> tim

--00000000000026a18305b90608e7

rom old Milwaukee 18v Nicad stuff.=C2=A0 In addition to batteries dying, th=
e thing that convinced me was just how good the 12v Bosch screwdriver I bou=
ght was when I wanted something super small for electrical work.=C2=A0 Turn=
ed out that the modern 12v lithium stuff has as much power as the old 18+ n=
icad stuff, weighs half as much, and is smaller in all good ways.<br><br>A =
couple years later... I have both 12v and 18v Milwaukee.=C2=A0 To me, the o=
nly downside of Milwaukee is price.=C2=A0 In every other way they&#39;re be=
tter or at absolute worst equal to the other brands.=C2=A0 Performance, too=
l selection, ergos, etc.<br><br>My recommendation for a drill/driver would =
absolutely be one of the 12v Fuel brushless Milwaukees.=C2=A0 After that, m=
y recommendation would be any 12v brushless brand that has reasonable revie=
ws and you like the feel of it when you pick it up.<br><br>Battery stuff th=
ese days is amazing.=C2=A0 I basically never use corded or air powered hand=
"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 11:36 AM Paul Parkanzky =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:parkanzky@gmail.com";>parkanzky@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrot=
e:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0=
.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"l=
tr"><div>I use Bosch cordless tools and I am very happy with them, but my f=
riend has Milwaukee and they have the best selection of tools right now. Th=
ey have a cordless impact gun that makes 1400 ft.-lbs of torque!!! I have t=
wo full sets and a bunch of batteries for the Bosch stuff but one of these =
days I&#39;m going to have to bite the bullet and make the switch to red.</=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Jan =
10, 2021 at 10:59 AM Tim . &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.=
com" target=3D"_blank">tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></di=
v><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;borde=
r-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

:rgb(0,0,0)">
Hey all,=C2=A0</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
I know this has been discussed=C2=A0ad nauseam=C2=A0but I didn&#39;t save a=
ny of those emails.....</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
I have a $100 menards rebate check and a $60 rebate visa card that are both=
 burning a hole in my pocket. Also, I have the 15% &quot;anything you can f=
it in the bag&quot; sale bag. I figure $160 is a good starting point and am=
 willing to at least match that 160 or more
 if necessary to get the best out there right now.=C2=A0</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
So, what is the best right now? I am not worried about a little heavier tha=
n most as I am not contractor and this won&#39;t get used every day. I am j=
ust getting tired of dragging cords. I&#39;d like whatever I get to be the =
start of going all cordless (skill saw,
 Sawzall, etc).</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">