Re: [Shop-talk] Frost heater/freeze plug

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Frost heater/freeze plug
From: Mark Miller <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 10:21:42 -0800
I looked up kia block heater and found that they also sell press in (not
screw in) block heaters such as:
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/KAT11401?cid=paidsearch_shopping_dcoe_google&;
or https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/find/kia-engine-heaters.c5806

So I'd recommend either a different place for that heater or a different
heater into the freeze plug.  And: if you get involved with this and it
fails in any way (pops out if the press in one, leaks for a thread in)
then it instantly becomes your problem. I'd recommend directing him
towards his Kia dealer/service shop if he can't take care of it himself .

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
markmiller@threeboysfarm.com