Re: [Shop-talk] Frost heater/freeze plug

To: Phil Ethier <pethier7@gmail.com> definitions=2021-01-15_08:2021-01-15, 2021-01-15 signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1011 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2006250000 definitions=main-2101150094
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Frost heater/freeze plug
From: Robert Nogueirao <nogera@icloud.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 08:48:10 -0600
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
â??Freeze Plugsâ?? are not intended to save an engine if frozen. They are a
result of needing to get the casting sand out of the block after the casting
process.  They could be a treaded fitting or even brazed in place but the steel
plug is cheap, quick
to install and MAY pop out if the block is ever frozen.

Bob Nogueira