Re: [Shop-talk] Tire studs

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net> definitions=2020-12-20_12:2020-12-19, 2020-12-20 signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2006250000 definitions=main-2012200135
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tire studs
From: Thomas Coradeschi <tjcora@icloud.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 13:08:42 -0500
Yes, they do a number on hard pavement. Here in NJ, they can be used, but only
between Nov 15th & Apr 1st (MA appears to restrict them to Nov 1st thru Apr
30th). I donâ??t really see (OK, hear) many folks using them these days.

As others have noted, modern, studless winter tires are generally a much better
all around solution. Weâ??ve run Blizzaks on many different cars, for many
years, and still do where thereâ??s a fitment available. Iâ??m currently
running the Pirelli Sottozero on my Boxster and find them to be very good as
well.

â??
Tom Coradeschi
tjcora@icloud.com