Re: [Shop-talk] I HATE ROCKAUTO!!! (anyone else?)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I HATE ROCKAUTO!!! (anyone else?)
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 18:59:12 -0400

--------------0B2A87020E721438EA261975

I've had very good luck with Rockauto.=A0 The prices were usually as good=
=20
Amazon when shipping was figured in and the website is much better at=20
picking the correct parts for my GMC Denali.=A0 I live in CT and shipping=
=20
is generally 2 days or less.=A0 Sorry that you had problems.=A0=A0 John M=
itchell

On 7/16/2020 3:02 PM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> OK, this is a partial vent, but it's also a warning to anyone out=20
> there about Rockauto.
>
> THEY ARE HORRIBLE!
>
> First, item shipping varies so much depending what verison of the part =

> you buy, that you spend more time trying to figure out what the=20
> shipping will be then actually finding the product (which is sometimes =

> a pain.) =A0I had a $365 shipping cost for a $45 part once (of course I=
=20
> didn't buy from them.)
>
> Then, if you have any issues with their products, GOOD LUCK!
>
> I got an oil pan and gasket from them. =A0The oil pain is .15" too larg=
e=20
> to fit, but I couldn't tell this until I was trying to install it,=20
> which meant that the gasket was opened (and therefore not returnable.) =

> =A0So now I tried to return the pan, but they aren't able to tell me if=
=20
> the replacement will be the same one.
> Then, instead of sending me a replacement pan, they send me another=20
> gasket! =A0So I want to return this gasket, but I have to pay for the=20
> shipping! =A0Also, they default to Fedex which doesn't pick up at your =

> house, you have to bring it to them, which is about 45 mins away from m=
e!
> So, now i'm out the shipping of all items, I have an oil pan that=20
> doesn't fit, and I still can't even speak to anyone at the company.
>
> I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!
>
> Anyone else have the same experience? =A0I've used them twice before an=
d=20
> both times I had to re-select different options to not incur crazy=20
> shipping expenses.
>

> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a=20
> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your=20
> territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?

--------------0B2A87020E721438EA261975

  <head>
      charset=3Dwindows-1252">
  </head>
      as good Amazon when shipping was figured in and the website is
      much better at picking the correct parts for my GMC Denali.=A0 I
      live in CT and shipping is generally 2 days or less.=A0 Sorry that
      you had problems.=A0=A0 John Mitchell<br>
txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:eric@megageek.com";>eric@megageek.com=
</a>
      wrote:<br>
cite=3D"mid:OF154C0FA4.E2B10FFB-ON852585A7.0067D224-852585A7.0068A3AB@mai=
l.megageek.com">
        charset=3Dwindows-1252">
        it's also
        a warning to anyone out there about Rockauto.</font>

        much
        depending what verison of the part you buy, that you spend more
        time trying
        to figure out what the shipping will be then actually finding
        the product
        (which is sometimes a pain.) =A0I had a $365 shipping cost for a
        $45
        part once (of course I didn't buy from them.)</font>
ith
        their
        products, GOOD LUCK!</font>
om
        them.
        =A0The oil pain is .15" too large to fit, but I couldn't tell thi=
        until I was trying to install it, which meant that the gasket
        was opened
        (and therefore not returnable.) =A0So now I tried to return the
        pan,
        but they aren't able to tell me if the replacement will be the
        same one.</font>
        replacement
        pan, they send me another gasket! =A0So I want to return this
        gasket,
        but I have to pay for the shipping! =A0Also, they default to Fede=
        which
        doesn't pick up at your house, you have to bring it to them,
        which is about
        45 mins away from me!</font>
        all
        items, I have an oil pan that doesn't fit, and I still can't
        even speak
        to anyone at the company.</font>
!</font>
        experience?
        =A0I've used them twice before and both times I had to re-select
        different
        options to not incur crazy shipping expenses.</font>
        "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
        rational
        being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
        Ralph
        Waldo Emerson <br>
        -Who is John Galt?</font>
      <fieldset class=3D"mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class=3D"moz-quote-pre" wrap=3D"">____________________________=
___________________

<a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:Shop-talk@autox.team=
=2Enet">Shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>