Re: [Shop-talk] Resurecting a totaly dead battery ?

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Resurecting a totaly dead battery ?
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:06:16 -0700

--00000000000062e1db05a7bd07f1

I completely agree with Pat.

It should have a date on it and will be warranted for X months after the
purchase.

She probably can just get a free battery in exchange if they cannot revive
it at the store.

best,

doug

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 9:01 AM Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com> wrote:

> The battery shouldn=E2=80=99t have discharged completely after a few mont=
hs. Take
> it back to where it was bought & let them charge& test it. Replacement
> should be in warranty.
>
> Peace,
> Pat
>
> Pat Horne
> We support Habitat for Humanity
>

> On Jun 10, 2020, at 10:05 AM, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB=BF friend of mine left her vehicle at her house for several months=
, while
> she
> was away on the west coast. A new battery had been installed in this
> vehicle about month before she left. She asked a family member to start
> the car once a weak to keep the battery charged. As you can imagine this
> did not get done. I went by the other day, and the battery is totally dea=
d,
> no lights, or gauges come one when the ignition switch is turned on. I di=
> not have a voltmeter with me when I was there.
>
> I would hate to have to buy yet another new battery for this car.
>
> What is the list's collective wisdom relative to rescuing this battery/
> Should I put a battery tender on it/ Should I just hook up  charger, and
> hope? ...
>
> --
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
>                        -- Benjamin Franklin

--00000000000062e1db05a7bd07f1

hould have a date on it and will be warranted=C2=A0for X months after the p=
il_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 9:0=
1 AM Pat Horne &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:patintexas@icloud.com";>patintexas@iclo=
argin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left=
:1ex">The battery shouldn=E2=80=99t have discharged completely after a few =
months. Take it back to where it was bought &amp; let them charge&amp; test=
 it. Replacement should be in warranty. <br>
Peace,<br>
Pat<br>
Pat Horne <br>
We support Habitat for Humanity<br>
On Jun 10, 2020, at 10:05 AM, stan &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:stanb@panix.com"; t=
arget=3D"_blank">stanb@panix.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
=EF=BB=BF friend of mine left her vehicle at her house for several months, =
while she<br>
was away on the west coast. A new battery had been installed in this<br>
vehicle about month before she left. She asked a family member to start<br>
the car once a weak to keep the battery charged. As you can imagine this<br=

did not get done. I went by the other day, and the battery is totally dead,=
no lights, or gauges come one when the ignition switch is turned on. I did<=
br>
not have a voltmeter with me when I was there.<br>
I would hate to have to buy yet another new battery for this car. <br>
What is the list&#39;s collective wisdom relative to rescuing this battery/=
Should I put a battery tender on it/ Should I just hook up=C2=A0 charger, a=
nd<br>
hope? ...<br>
-- <br>
&quot;They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserv=
e<br>
neither liberty nor safety.&quot;<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0 =C2=A0-- Benjamin Franklin<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=