Re: [Shop-talk] Resurecting a totaly dead battery ?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Resurecting a totaly dead battery ?
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 08:33:28 -0700
On 6/10/2020 8:12 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:
> I think your best bet is a tender (Iâ??ve had good results with
> BatteryMinder). The BM claims it can resurrect /some /dead batteries
> with pulses to break up sulfation; Iâ??d say you have. 50-50 chance. If it
> does come back to life leave the tender on; starting a car and running
> at idle just to top up the battery is bad for the engine.

The recovery/desulfating mode on some chargers work very well, and on
some it's a joke.

I've got a NOCO Genius 7200 that works well, the main thing is that if
the battery is completely dead the 12V repair cycle won't even activate,
you've got to charge it on the 6V setting until it gets just enough
voltage for the charger to see it.

John.