Re: [Shop-talk] Maybe the weirest shop related question asked here.

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Maybe the weirest shop related question asked here.
From: Scott Hall via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 18:03:47 -0500

--0000000000006234bc05a256d209

Eric,

I don't know what the weather's like there, but I've never been able to
keep anything in my garage from rusting, long-term. Some of it just rusts
faster, some slower. If it was a handgun, and I was depending on it, I
don't think I'd leave it in the garage at all. Add to that the concern that
you might be on the other side of the garage when you needed it and I might
just be inclined to carry it while I was in there, then bring it inside
after.

Of course now, for me, I'm just going to close the garage door. I didn't
even think about it before your email but I've got a pack of what my
neighbors say are wolves behind my house--I can't tell the difference on
sight between a wolf and a coyote (and I don't think it'd matter anyway),
but there are definitely a pack of them and they like to howl at night and
you can see them in the distance sometimes before it gets too dark. I've
always assumed they want nothing to do with the house and I think they're
neat to look at but am not necessarily interested in getting better
acquainted.

I think now I'll be maintaining garage stuff with the door down. Thanks for
that.

Scott

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 5:31 PM Bob Spidell via Shop-talk <
shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

> There was a photo going around years ago showing (what was left) of a guy
> who was killed by a bear, but not before he emptied a .38 revolver into the
> bear.  It was pretty gruesome,  the bear ripped him open and ate all his
> organs (but, surprisingly, left his junk).  Rangers killed the bear and
> verified it was the culprit from stomach contents.
>
> So, if bears are a worry something more substantial than a .38 (dunno if
> it was a 'special') is called-for.

--0000000000006234bc05a256d209

 what the weather&#39;s like there, but I&#39;ve never been able to keep an=
ything in my garage from rusting, long-term. Some of it just rusts faster,=
=C2=A0some slower. If it was a handgun, and I was depending on it, I don&#3=
9;t think I&#39;d leave it in the garage at all. Add to that the concern th=
at you might=C2=A0be on the other side of the garage when you needed it and=
 I might just be inclined to carry it while I was in there, then bring it i=
oing to close the garage door. I didn&#39;t even think about it before your=
 email but I&#39;ve got a pack of what my neighbors say are wolves behind m=
y house--I can&#39;t tell the difference on sight between a wolf and a coyo=
te (and I don&#39;t think it&#39;d matter anyway), but there are definitely=
 a pack of them and they like to howl at night and you can see them in the =
distance sometimes before it gets too dark. I&#39;ve always assumed they wa=
nt nothing to do with the house and I think they&#39;re neat to look at but=
 am not necessarily interested in getting better acquainted.=C2=A0</div><di=
=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 =
at 5:31 PM Bob Spidell via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-talk@autox.=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid r=
gb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
    There was a photo going around years ago showing (what was left) of
    a guy who was killed by a bear, but not before he emptied a .38
    revolver into the bear.=C2=A0 It was pretty gruesome,=C2=A0 the bear ri=
pped
    him open and ate all his organs (but, surprisingly, left his junk).=C2=
=A0
    Rangers killed the bear and verified it was the culprit from stomach
    contents.<br>
    So, if bears are a worry something more substantial than a .38
    (dunno if it was a &#39;special&#39;) is called-for.</div>

--0000000000006234bc05a256d209--

--===============8610716847505236275==

--===============8610716847505236275==--