Re: [Shop-talk] add water to "maintenance-free" battery?

To: Lee Daniels <lee@automate-it.com>, Lee Daniels via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net> NIjDbgSJkB/8wL7rBOx7M/5SSEaAs8SMEKO0UGoQf2f3rzDDW6dxdWmFZHkLZRzJHKKBc9ftQGaXT+uN11XTiHOnW1hq24sGhBQ=
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] add water to "maintenance-free" battery?
From: Randall via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 17:37:42 -0500

------ODP67O0YUAZLNG01XCTU8S3RO0OTIH
 charset=utf-8

Break the covers off (usually the welds are weaker and you'll be left with =
a cap that works) and add some distilled water=2E

Might not solve the problem, but you've got nothing to lose=2E
-- Randall

On 21 July 2019 17:18:01 GMT-05:00, Lee Daniels via Shop-talk <shop-talk@a=
utox=2Eteam=2Enet> wrote:
>I suspect this has come up before, but my quick archive search didn't
>turn up
>anything=2E
>
>The DieHard in my TR6 is several years old, but it sits on a Battery
>MINDer
>most of the time=2E Lately when I start the car, I first get one short
>"Rrr"
>like a dead battery=2E But keep trying and it turns over *very*
>reluctantly for
>a few revs, then (so far) builds speed, and eventually starts=2E After a
>drive,
>it starts normally=2E
>
>It's now sat for a day, so I figured I'd check the water level - but,
>uh-oh,
>can't figure out a way to get the cover off without tearing up the
>battery=2E
>See attached photo=2E I can pry on the two ends and get them to barely
>move, but
>the edges of the cover don't budge with gentle prying=2E
>
>Out of the car, I measure >12=2E8V, and it's never had any corrosion etc=
=2E
>Is
>there anything I can do with this thing?
>
>Thanks
> Lee

------ODP67O0YUAZLNG01XCTU8S3RO0OTIH
 charset=utf-8

 and you'll be left with a cap that works) and add some distilled water=2E<=
br><br>Might not solve the problem, but you've got nothing to lose=2E<br>--=
00, Lee Daniels via Shop-talk &lt;shop-talk@autox=2Eteam=2Enet&gt; wrote:<b=
lockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=2E8ex; borde=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
<pre class=3D"k9mail">I suspect this has come up before, but my quick arch=
veral years old, but it sits on a Battery MINDer<br>most of the time=2E Lat=
ely when I start the car, I first get one short "Rrr"<br>like a dead batter=
y=2E But keep trying and it turns over *very* reluctantly for<br>a few revs=
, then (so far) builds speed, and eventually starts=2E After a drive,<br>it=
 starts normally=2E<br><br>It's now sat for a day, so I figured I'd check t=
he water level - but, uh-oh,<br>can't figure out a way to get the cover off=
 without tearing up the battery=2E<br>See attached photo=2E I can pry on th=
e two ends and get them to barely move, but<br>the edges of the cover don't=
 budge with gentle prying=2E<br><br>Out of the car, I measure &gt;12=2E8V, =
and it's never had any corrosion etc=2E Is<br>there anything I can do with =
------ODP67O0YUAZLNG01XCTU8S3RO0OTIH--

--===============3783769703489012178==

--===============3783769703489012178==--