[Shop-talk] Impact wrenches (heavy duty)

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Impact wrenches (heavy duty)
From: eric--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 12:13:24 -0500 02/24/2019 07:52:22 PM, Serialize complete at 02/24/2019 07:52:22 PM

--===============3413285768357586393==

--=_alternative 005E9D46852583AB_=

Ok,  I know this is a new religious topic here, but I'm looking for a tool
recommendation.  Stay with me.

 So I ended up buying a new (to me) dump body F350 with a powerstroke
diesel. It only had one owner, and was well maintained (he gave me every
single record for it.)

So I am starting to do my "once over" before I put it in service.  One of
the thing is removing the wheels and checking the brakes.  Well, the
mechanic that did this last had a really HD torque wrench.  I managed to
eventually get every nut off, but it made it clear that I need a more
powerfully impact wrench.

So I come to the experts.  I'm looking for a heavy duty air impact wrench.
 I prefer 1/2, but I'm willing to listen to any advice on moving up to
3/4.

I'm looking for a tool to use when my 'normal' impact can't handle to job,
so it will not be used a ton.

Any ideas?  Price isn't much of a concern as it seems even the top end
ones aren't outrageous.  (Note- I'm not a Snap on junkie that likes over
priced brand names.)

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?

--=_alternative 005E9D46852583AB_=

this is a new religious topic here, but I'm looking for a tool recommendation.
&nbsp;Stay with me.</span>
up buying a new (to me) dump body F350 with a powerstroke diesel. It only
had one owner, and was well maintained (he gave me every single record
for it.)</span>
to do my &quot;once over&quot; before I put it in service. &nbsp;One of
the thing is removing the wheels and checking the brakes. &nbsp;Well, the
mechanic that did this last had a really HD torque wrench. &nbsp;I managed
to eventually get every nut off, but it made it clear that I need a more
powerfully impact wrench.</span>
experts. &nbsp;I'm looking for a heavy duty air impact wrench. &nbsp;I
prefer 1/2, but I'm willing to listen to any advice on moving up to 3/4.</span>
a tool to use when my 'normal' impact can't handle to job, so it will not
be used a ton.</span>
isn't much of a concern as it seems even the top end ones aren't outrageous.
&nbsp;(Note- I'm not a Snap on junkie that likes over priced brand
names.)</span>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</span>

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============3413285768357586393==--