Re: [Shop-talk] chains vs snow tires

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] chains vs snow tires
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:11:12 -0500 01/20/2016 12:11:14, Serialize complete at 01/20/2016 12:11:14
--===============4182860740285731062==

--=_alternative 006100B885257F40_=

Scott asks about actual use of chains.

Normally, what I do is just have them in the truck and put them on if I
need them.  Sometimes, I might just get stuck in a small patch of ice.  I
can just throw the chains down and drive over them, then I pick them back
up.

If the road are bad, I can put them on before I leave.  but I take them
off once the roads are somewhat clear.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 006100B885257F40_=

in the truck and put them on if I need them. &nbsp;Sometimes, I might just
get stuck in a small patch of ice. &nbsp;I can just throw the chains down
and drive over them, then I pick them back up.</font>
on before I leave. &nbsp;but I take them off once the roads are somewhat
clear.</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

--===============4182860740285731062==--