Re: [Shop-talk] spam email just keeps on coming

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] spam email just keeps on coming
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 18:53:41 -0600
Spam exists because spam works. Sure, you may get a 0.00001% success rate, but
when you send out millions
and millions of emails, that miniscule percentage translates to profits.

The Team.Net mail server gets a lot of spam. These list addresses have been
around for decades, all the
spammers have them. About 200 messages per day get caught by the postfix
filters. I need to work on the
filters to start trying to catch some of this season's letters from Santa
campaigns.

About 5 - 600 get through to the mailman filters and are caught there. Ones
that are held for administrator
approval ( that's me ) currently number 16,995. I'll see how many more come in
by the time I am done writing
this. So at least these Team.Net lists are not a source of spam, that's why you
folks pay me the big bucks

Fun.

mjb, overpaid and underworked, as usual.

PS: Only 5 more came in while typing this. Not bad.