Re: [Shop-talk] spam email just keeps on coming

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] spam email just keeps on coming
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 15:50:14 -0500
Cc: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I moved all of my list subscription, cars, video editing, computers, etc,,
to gmail a couple of years ago and while some spam does get through their
filters it's not many, so you might consider that.

One of the big causes of spam for me is people who send out an email to a
number of recipients and put everybody's address in the "TO:..." box. If
anyone :Replies to all..." or "FWDs:..." the message it exposes all of the
addresses to spambots which harvest them, and then you start getting all
manner of offers! Gmail's spam filters do a good jobs of filtering the
signal from the noise. Not perfect, but very good.

FWIW,
Ron