Re: [Shop-talk] Refrigerator

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Refrigerator
From: Tom & Marge FitzGibbon <fitzgibbon3@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:31:02 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Thread-index: w/KrQKnPVH6LqC3mEircGM8WHrruZw== s=q20140121; t=1435843863; bh=Sq9/vfB0fY9QGO142eofHmLBSpREY6fOXFe3KBAQ/FM=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=u/ryXVqDMGqOvTCTiT39rpeiOXPtCUnqO9jVadntEexD7PEBCcZkcujBzJDKzQLOU iPrqpQnNyazflM3yhj4u4pcHVP4topbBQzz+hiajLiL1b2dxgv+7pRQNMNgSthTAwR iCP68y2EMlMovo1X7pGRPrGYJC2PMNmM/PosXWre3AAFXNS8NVih+8n/MaA3ZTXdt0 os15pS1gC6PDNYdAsXpNjaSmfRmkTAnH+E4JG1juu0saa+2I4blXPHH9cFA/pgRXCM XPx7jY24jBwVHnpFzFSrmOCeU34zTIuub01kMigZzehCnS7ScNRi6MMKEkTnfZYtYv UXksEGRgoUalg==
Scott,

Where is the house and is the garage heated and cooled? When we bought our new
house a couple of years ago and went shopping for a new refrigerator for the
garage (as a second fridge for the house, not as a shop fridge), we were told
by several appliance dealers that a refrigerator-freezer is not appropriate for
unheated space in NJ and using it in the garage will void the warranty.
However, we found a Frigidaire unit that can be a stand-alone freezer or a
stand-alone refrigerator at the flip of a switch. It has been great for us and
gives us lots of extra storage (with no freezer space there is that much more
room for "12 ounce shop essentials"). Of course, with 4 teenage children at the
time we also bought one to use as a freezer so we had both spaces covered. If
you only have room for 1 unit, this will not work for you.

Tom