Re: [Shop-talk] Axle ratio?

To: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Axle ratio?
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:31:58 -0500
Cc: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
There should be a sticker inside the driver door jamb that shows the
trailer capacity of your specific truck.  That sticker (if it is still
there) is specific to your VIN, so if it is missing you MIGHT be able to
get a dealer to look up all the pertinent information.  The RPO codes in
the glove box SHOULD tell you your axle ratio, but you have to find the
decoder specific to your year.  Of course the low tech solution is to lift
the rear end and see how many turns of the prop shaft are required to get
one revolution of the rear wheels.