Re: [Shop-talk] Cell phone boosters

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cell phone boosters
From: w <wc5813@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 22:04:55 -0500
On 1/11/2014 10:30 AM, Tim Hoerning wrote:
> Verizon needs a GPS because the radio transmission format  they use (CDMA2000
> 1xRTT) requires all cell sites (including your samsung micro-cell) to be
> synchronized. The GPS signal is being used for timing, not position.

If you still have use for a land line, check out Verizon's "home
connect" service. It's a little black box like a wi-fi router that has a
cellular radio along with electronics to drive regular POTS (err..
standard home) phones. Only $20/mo unlimited national calling, or if you
have cell service with them and want to share minutes it's only $10/mo.
Killer bargain, and good sound quality. Supposedly uses older equipment
on the towers that's under utilized. Few extra bucks for them, cheap
service, and screw the competition.

> Sent from my Commodore 64 over a 300 baud modem

HuhHuh, I taught myself raw f***** 6502 on nearly bare metal machine
code (NO, not assembler, my 'rents and high school wouldn't drop $50 on
it) in high school in the early 80s to code video games fast enough to
run on an Apple ][. Breakout in 1536 bytes. And had a PDP 11/35 in Mom's
basement in the mid 80s. Bare metal? Toggle 12 words on the switches,
reset address, and hit the run button.

-w