Re: [Shop-talk] Rust belt truck?

To: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Rust belt truck?
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:02:20 -0500
Cc: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I'm going to state what I suspect is running through your mind. It depnds
on how much and how far the rust has penitrated the rails, if it has. Like
you said, you can pretty much build a new/old truck from catalogs, if you
care to write the check. If you decide to do ithe truck, I'd plan a frame
off to clean up and paint, maybe powder coat, the frame. You'll probably
pull the body to work on it anyway.

You might figure out what you think it'll cost you to buy and fix up the
truck, add 15%, then see what you can buy now for that amount. That's not
icluding your time, of course. Then again, maybe you're already looking at
it as a project.

FWIW,
Ron