Re: [Shop-talk] Renting garage space

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Renting garage space
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 11:58:08 -0400
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM, PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Toying with the idea of *considering* bidding on a house with an amazing
> garage... rest of the house is great too, just has some other issues and the
> price is a bit high...

Others have pointed out all the traps to which you expose yourself if
you rent out the space.  Better to offer what you think is a fair
price that you can afford, then afterwards you can invite people you
trust to cooperate in some sort of friend-to-friend deal.  But i
wouldn't go commercial, without commercial insurance and commercial
rates.  And at least where I live, you can't do that in a residential
area.  All it  takes is one nosy neighbor who doesn't like what's
going on, and you're in over your head with no rental income.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.