Re: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:46:07 +0000
---- Mark Miller <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com> wrote:

> But But But I have turned my back on a tool with an engine in place of one
> with a dinky little electric motor and a cord.  Convince me I need to fix
> the Echo and use a real tool.

Sorry, Mark.  I'm as big a fan of Our Lady of Internal Combustion as anyone,
but if electric meets your needs better, I'd say go for it.

My experience was that the electric trimmer just didn't have what it takes to
slash through weeds too thick to walk through (or even see over), so I rebuilt
the carb on my old Homelite without a rebuild kit (gaskets cut from
construction paper, etc.).  But if it had done the job (and I didn't have to
drag a cord up a nearly vertical hill), I would have kept using the little
electric.  It was still handy for trimming around the flower beds and so on.

Randall