Re: [Shop-talk] Transferring trailers across states.

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Transferring trailers across states.
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:31:51 +0000
---- Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com> wrote:

> Like the other replies said, they've done this before.  You might have
> to be persistent in finding someone familiar with the process, but it
> can be done.

Sometimes you have to be very persistent.  Not the same problem, but when I
wanted to register my 56 Triumph TR3 using plates that had been assigned to it
in 1963; I wound up having to print out the relevant section of the vehicle
code and show it to the clerk and her supervisor at the DMV.  Even then they
refused to approve my application on the spot, but they did agree to send it to
state headquarters in Sacramento, who approved it a few weeks later.

Randall