Re: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong

To: markmiller@threeboysfarm.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:14:54 +0100
Cc: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Mark Miller wrote:
>   But But I have turned my back on a tool with an engine in place of one
> with a dinky little electric motor and a cord.  Convince me I need to fix
> the Echo and use a real tool.

No, you did the right thing. Firstly, you're building up spousal credits
to be redeemed against some situation lurking unseen in the future.
Secondly life is too short to spend time wrestling with that cubic inch
of frustration that is the Walbro carburettor. Time that could be spent
balancing twin SUs or setting up a threadcutting lathe, something that
needs your native skill and cunning.

Seriously though I found an electric chainsaw sitting in the back of the
barn the other day, cleaned it up and put it to work. Now I use it in
preference to the 2 stroke Stihl for small jobs if there's a power
supply handy. There's a lot to be said for a machine that starts and
stops when you want it and doesn't leave you working in a fug of exhaust
fumes.

Nick Brearley
Two Echo strimmers waiting to be fixed in the corner of the shop.