[Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong
From: "Mark Miller" <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:03:17 -0700
Thread-index: Ac5FV6UOfeiKvkD+Tpm1lYVA5/fbgA== s=q20121106; t=1367294616; bh=ySMHFpRb+nGJ62Nz6H2u3PoO4k9m/0OBbV5kwDn14mk=; h=Received:Received:Reply-To:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID: MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=cw+BEDio0BDc9pxj0vFQeLlbr0L+itU+F3eXT+28Bg8vxIibZ1wzubCnk668PGXpq Y4fRHI0Zhu0u+GBz9sQKWVtFBAiEtUXMqZrBCH6RTj0UE3ocBqFXTsalC+tRrMzvcH 7qV5c2NB0LrlKmMW9cpuHumI23Y9IgjvIQXTDyRZNNWuSuf5jOM9mET0uiX7DZyRDg H1L4ii/zdTXf6T7EikVsrhaSDoOYH85t/eViF+rgSXWn+BOsypMyWJjJZcYspNcU7l QSNGa2BX0sWGiDbLp8ZiyMX+SDWovWpi/4ldDoH7Aqj0laPt2FdnkCjDsAcdPCzPDa vCoWKihAcnrHg==
Ok.  So my Echo string trimmer was acting up.  Seemed like a fuel problem;
it would start but not run well, stall out, and needed the throttle and
choke played with to keep it going.  So I bought fresh gas and went to get a
carb rebuild kit for it.  The guy also recommended a new fuel filter so I
got that as well.  Put in fresh gas (the old was probably only 2 months or
so but figured it couldn't hurt....) and the filter, gave it a shot and no
change.  OK, it needs a rebuild.  I got too busy so I put it off.  Then my
wife let me know that I would be feeding the mini-donks and horse if she
couldn't get to the shed through the weeds and so to be sure it got done I
bought a cheesy little electric B&D string trimmer and (here's the really
bad part): it was great.  No futzing, weighed way less than the gas trimmer,
less buzzy, didn't stink, the string feed is totally automatic and actually
worked (no more need to cut pieces and change it all the damn time.  Oh
yeah, and it starts without having to think about it.
But But But I have turned my back on a tool with an engine in place of one
with a dinky little electric motor and a cord.  Convince me I need to fix
the Echo and use a real tool.

Help,
Mark Miller