Re: [Shop-talk] Transferring trailers across states.

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Transferring trailers across states.
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 00:08:57 -0400
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 9:22 PM,  <eric@megageek.com> wrote:
> NJ only requires a "bill of Sale" for trailer registration, but he says
> that NC requires a title.

Others have answered the question, but let me add this anecdote...I
sold a VW pickup truck from Georgia to Texas.  Georgia only required a
bill of sale to transfer ownership of a vehicle that old (1967), but
Texas required a title (which I didn't have, and couldn't replace).
The buyer and I did a little research, and found that if it was
currently registered and had a notarized bill of sale, that was enough
to begin the titling process in Texas.  So I sold it to my wife for
$1, insured it for three days for $10, and registered it for $20.
Sent the paperwork to the buyer and he got it done with little
trouble.

Like the other replies said, they've done this before.  You might have
to be persistent in finding someone familiar with the process, but it
can be done.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.