Re: [Shop-talk] Tell me about transponder keys

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tell me about transponder keys
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 02:06:19 -0400
I got to be a pro at replacing the batteries on the VAG (VW) fobs. They
don't *look* like they want to be opened, but it's easy after the first
time and you realize you're not going to break it.

Of course, Radio Shack (near me) doesn't carry the battery, but they're
common and Amazon Prime has them here in two days.

I haven't had to do the GM one yet. I don't remember the Ford ones being
a problem--only had to do those once, maybe twice.