Re: [Shop-talk] Tell me about transponder keys

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tell me about transponder keys
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 21:45:52 -0700
Radio Shack stocks batteries for some transponders.  You're on your
own for opening the cases.

-Roland

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 21:24:04 -0700, you wrote:

::In our case, with our two Priuses (Prii?) we sort of have
::a key: if you press the right switch on the transponder,
::a tiny almost toy key comes out that will unlock the doors.
::It does not start the car.
::
::We've had transponder keys for at least 10 years.  These
::are the type you leave in your pocket, and simply touch the
::door handle to get in.  You press a button to start the car.
::So, the transponder is used a lot.  Still, we get a lot of warning
::when there is a transponder problem (low battery) and we just
::go to the dealer to replace it.
::
::You can probably also google for instructions on how to
::replace the battery yourself.  My mechanic showed me and it
::was a simple process.
::
::Shannah