Re: [Shop-talk] Question on car rental

To: <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Question on car rental
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 15:58:05 -0800
Nick,

National is my favorite, as once you are a member of their Emerald club you
get to walk down their Emerald Isle and pick your own car.  I like that, as
I have really long legs and don't fit in everything.  Also I don't like
renting red/black cars; IMHO they are cop magnets.

Also, one way rentals are very location sensitive.  We did a three week one
way trip from FL (Orlando) to NJ(Newark).  Returning the car at a little
airport (Bradley in CT) and renting it right back for a day to get to Newark
cost $800 total.  Driving it to Newark directly, without the return and new
rental was over $1,400.

With regard to charges, some quotes include all taxes, etc., some don't.  Be
careful that you are comparing apples to apples.

Jack