Re: [Shop-talk] Putting floor in attic - can't fit 4x8 sheets

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Putting floor in attic - can't fit 4x8 sheets
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 10:09:18 -0400
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
On 5/28/2012 7:50 AM, Jim Franklin wrote:
The blocking ideas would work but there's insulation in the way.

Was wondering about the insulation issue myself. Room mate & I had a rental house 20 years ago -- we wanted storage, but had limited space between the roof truss beams, and lots of blown in fiberglass we didn't want to compromise. And a lease that said we weren't allow to make modifications to the structure.

We nailed or screwed 2x6es across the trusses above the insulation level, then used 2x8' plywood, as you suggested. Was probably about 8x16 feet finished. It was just for storage, so it was ok there was a little flex between panels.

They make those metal "H" clips for roof sheathing - would those work for you?

-Wayne