Re: [Shop-talk] Air hose reel opinions

To: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air hose reel opinions
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 11:17:36 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
On Thu, 3 May 2012, PJ McGarvey wrote:
I've had enough with tripping over my air hose in my tight garage, so I'm
looking into an air hose reel.

In my opinion, a reel doesn't fix the right problem here. I was in your boat for years, until I finally put a loop of copper lines in my 2.5 car garage last year.

   I could kill myself for not doing it years ago.

Now, I never even deal with more than a few feet of air hose. I still have a 75 foot hose, but it sits coiled on a hook and rarely moves. Once in a blue moon, I take half of it out to the driveway, and then back. Other than that, hose never touches ground. I have a dedicated drop for my plasma cutter, a 5-way manifold over my fab table, and a couple more wall/ceiling drops for general use.

It cost a few hundred dollars, was done in a weekend and paid for itself in increased productivity/enjoyment within a month.

--
 David Hillman