[Shop-talk] Air hose reel opinions

Subject: [Shop-talk] Air hose reel opinions
From: hillman at planet-torque.com (David Hillman)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 11:17:36 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 3 May 2012, PJ McGarvey wrote:
> I've had enough with tripping over my air hose in my tight garage, so I'm
> looking into an air hose reel.

    In my opinion, a reel doesn't fix the right problem here.  I was in
your boat for years, until I finally put a loop of copper lines in my 2.5
car garage last year.

    I could kill myself for not doing it years ago.

    Now, I never even deal with more than a few feet of air hose.  I still
have a 75 foot hose, but it sits coiled on a hook and rarely moves.  Once
in a blue moon, I take half of it out to the driveway, and then back.
Other than that, hose never touches ground.  I have a dedicated drop for
my plasma cutter, a 5-way manifold over my fab table, and a couple more
wall/ceiling drops for general use.

    It cost a few hundred dollars, was done in a weekend and paid for
itself in increased productivity/enjoyment within a month.

--
  David Hillman