[Shop-talk] car hauler tralier advise.

Subject: [Shop-talk] car hauler tralier advise.
From: marka at maracing.com (Mark Andy)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:16:36 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 30 May 2012, John Niolon wrote:
> So I'm looking for suggestions, ideas, warnings, brand
> recommendations..etc...  educate me on car haulers

What I've found everytime I've looked for a regular open car trailer is
that they hold their value well enough that you might as well buy a new
inexpensive trailer vs. a used one.

Around me, EconoTrailer is a goto brand.  http://www.econotrailer.com/
I've had one of their trailers and friends have had various versions.
They're a good basic car trailer.  All steel, nothing particularly fancy,
etc.

Nice thing is that you get them new, so there's not the rework that always
seems to be needed on a used trailer buy.  I'm at the point now where if
the money is anything like close, I'd rather be spending my time on
projects I want to do, vs. working on the tow vehicle or trailer or
whatever.

Anyway, just putting it out there.  Looks like they're getting $2750 for a
full deck 18' trailer these days.  If you can do an open deck trailer its
$2350.  Shorter 15' trailers are a little less.

Mark