Re: [Shop-talk] Tractor Won't Start

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tractor Won't Start
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 06:55:43 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=0hSk9GWAUKbTvEcN0/2gPSloV+n0lStUApy/rs8GHLA=; b=PFM5DOXy1NOuNHa6RD4V0+RWKl80++7q1erjHa2dMS2S0H5TZZXqhpNJfKDaZxadnh X6o0w3Vw8Srf4yR5leth8VkAJvV/m+p8Wt9Hif3gU+tNqHPsXa/KYMt8sCMaJ5NgdVDz PHS+e8aIYfmCoh1iIlIt3C8pljISZlt6s/E74Z+GI0qAgna/hztVcOgZUBKtBRTVG9hA NS1cfnNl2u+wrFOtTyE1dj0iL6/J6uXwLW/r44onohyxhhjLXzz9k8eQqxrtrYkSnBuD FJZKmgBk381qcHQ/ud282jeBNvxk51JPKn6iIbXag0TMO3LPcSzHBRAlav8cDGpZ6inR 2Nvg==
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
We have a couple of 950's at work - nice tractor.

What everybody else said, but especially Eric.  You need to check and
clean all the connections.

If you have a /real/ set of jumper cables, like 4/0 or bigger, you
could go straight from the battery to the starter and see if it turns
that way.  Be careful with them while you're doing that...make your
last connection at the starter.  If one jumper from + battery to +
starter doesn't get it going, then add the other from - battery to a
ground at the starter. Make the last connection at the starter.

The reason to make the last connection at the starter is to avoid
making a spark within the cloud of hydrogen gas above the battery.

Did the store do any test on your old battery?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/fishplate@gmail.com