[Shop-talk] Single Post Parking Lift

Subject: [Shop-talk] Single Post Parking Lift
From: ejrussell at mebtel.net (Eric J Russell)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:15:44 -0400
A two post lift is best for working under a car but not good for storing a
car (leaving the suspension drooping). A four post lift is best for storing
one above the other. A four post lift with a jacking tray is good for
working on a car.

I'm not sure I see the advantage of the single post 'storage' lift except
for its smaller footprint. But if you are mainly interested in storing a car
above another then the extra posts of the four post lift doesn't seem like a
big negative and the added stability would seem like a big positive.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC