Re: [Shop-talk] Another pressure washer thread

To: Rich Chrysler <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Another pressure washer thread
From: "David C." <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:06:24 -0800
A friend who rebuilt his pressure washer came over today and we went
through it.  It has a swash plate pump, and when we pulled it apart we
found one of the 3 pistons stuck.  We pulled the brass check valve
assembly off and pushed the piston back and worked it back and forth a
few times.  We changed the oil in the pump, took the check valves apart
and cleaned them, and put it back together.  Now it at least builds
pressure when the trigger is released, but as soon as you pull the
trigger, after the initial burst, the pressure drops off and the motor

I didn't realize how generic pressure washer pumps were  until Eric (the
friend who was helping) told me that he just bought one off the web and
bolted it on.  I found one on Northern Tool for $200 that should bolt
right up, and for all the messing around I could do with rebuilding the
pump, it might be a lot less trouble just to buy a whole new pump
assembly and bolt it on.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums