[Shop-talk] Another pressure washer thread

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Another pressure washer thread
From: "David C." <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:05:20 -0800
My neighbor just gave me a Troy-Bilt Model 01904 pressure washer.  It
looks almost new, and I think he's only had it a few years.  It has a
single cylinder Briggs engine, and I think it's rated for around 2700
PSI.  He told me that it runs fine, but the pressure and volume delivery
are unsatisfactory.  I haven't seen it in action yet; he just dropped it
off this afternoon and all of my outlets are still winterized, and I
don't feel like messing with another project right now.

My pressure washer experience is limited to rental units that I used to
use to pressure wash my deck and occasionally my roof years ago at my
old house. These were usually pretty robust 3000-3500 PSI units with
Honda motors.   My present house has a metal roof and a plastic deck, so
I haven't needed to rent one in over ten years.  But free is free.

I have the manual and all the paperwork.  Any ideas on where to start?

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums