Re: [Shop-talk] MY DISHWASHER IS A RUMBLIN

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] MY DISHWASHER IS A RUMBLIN
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:29:34 -0500
Sounds like a good guess on the diagnosis (the valve.)  And if it's like
my Mom's Whirpool, it's pretty cheap and easy to get to.  Hers is
designed to let you attach the supply line with the unit fully in place
just by removing the kick panel, and it's right in front directly
connected to the valve.

I like to use Sears.com for parts.  They have good diagrams and prices
and up front shipping charges.  And they list real part numbers, so you
can google them and try other places.  But they're usually very
competitively priced.

For obligatory S.T. content -- I find my dishwasher very good for
cleaning plastic car parts.

There is also a very BAD bit of house wife advice floating around:  "put
your kitchen sink sponges in the dishwasher to clean and sterilize
them."  DO NOT DO IT!  Mom's clogged up and the repair guy tore out the
drain assy and it was packed with colorful blue and yellow chunks of
sponge.  Oh Joy!  We cleaned a few 30 cent sponges and it only cost a
$150 repair call!

   -Wayne

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums