[Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)

Subject: [Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:54:26 -0500
David writes...

>Margins on tires aren't that high, and lots of them are
>pretty competitive, and you might get someone to cut you a deal.

I'm finding this out now.  Seems that everywhere prices are pretty much
the same.

>How you mounting them if you buy them online?

I custom fitted my HF tire changer to a movable mount about a year ago and
I love any chance I get to use it! (I think I even posted it here.)

Here is a link to my instructable about it...
<http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-mount-a-tire-changer-without-bolting-to-the/>

These aren't front tires, so I'm only planning on static balancing them.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

David Scheidt <dmscheidt at gmail.com>
12/20/2011 08:50

eric at megageek.com
cc
shop-talk at autox.team.net
Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:31 AM,  <eric at megageek.com> wrote:
> I needed to buy a bunch of truck tires for different vehicles.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for places to buy them online that
> are cheap?

There is the tirerack, of course.  But it's really worth calling some
local places.  Margins on tires aren't that high, and lots of them are
pretty competitive, and you might get someone to cut you a deal.  How
you mounting them if you buy them online?

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt at gmail.com