Re: [Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)

To: "diggle@clear.net.nz" <diggle@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:49:04 -0500
I have shopped TR but never bought tires from them, partly because all of their
listed installers in our area appear to be a bit odd.  I had a
Bridgestone/Firestone dealer near me and I never went there because at the time
I didn't want to buy Bridgestone/Firestone.  I did go there for tire repairs
and Interstate batteries, and one day they told me that they could get any tire
brand I wanted.  The next time I wanted tires I asked them for a quote and they
were competitive with TR so I bought tires there ever since.  Ironically after
doing research I realized that Bridgestone does make some good tires and some
of their performance tires are a good value compared to other brands.
Unfortunately that store got wiped out by a freeway expansion so I had to go to
Discount Tire for my last tires.  I have noticed that Discount Tire seems to
have a lot of tire models that aren't on TR so it is hard to comparison shop
there.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums