[Shop-talk] 80 cubic foot acetylene bottle?

Subject: [Shop-talk] 80 cubic foot acetylene bottle?
From: doug at dougbraun.com (Douglas Braun)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 12:18:24 -0400
In NJ, all the places I know just do exchanges on acetylene bottles.  So if
you buy a bottle and there is something wrong with it (out of date?) and
they won't take it as an exchange, you would have wasted your money.

Thy guy told me that there is only one place in NJ that actually fills them,
and everybody else simply exchanges them and sends the empties back to the
filling station.  The place I usually go to changed hands a couple of years
ago, and now they don't fill any gas cylinders at all, just exchange them
like Home Depot does with barbeque grill propane tanks.

Doug