[Shop-talk] High temp adhesives

Subject: [Shop-talk] High temp adhesives
From: wmc_st at xxiii.com (Wayne)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 16:30:07 -0400
Hey Guys - off topic, but...

Can anyone suggest an adhesive that is high-temp capable, but not
necessarily super strong?  I have a gas log fireplace.  The "logs" are
some sort of cement or ceramic material, and have cast-in metal dowels
to hold the logs together.  I took them apart to clean, and a couple of
the dowels broke out, with the cement material around them cracking out.

A decent gap filling adhesive like an epoxy would seem ideal, but JB
Weld for example says it's only good to 600 degrees.  I don't know how
hot these thing really get, but there is a propane flame around them.

-Thanks, Wayne