[Shop-talk] best residential mower

Subject: [Shop-talk] best residential mower
From: jibjib at att.net (Jack Brooks)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:31:50 -0700
+1 on the Snapper.  I have a 21 inch self propelled, that is 18 years old
and out mows the newish Honda a neighbor gave me.  The bag alone is worth
keeping the old girl around.  The only issue I've had with it is the exhaust
valve seat was a tad undersized and would slip, causing me to lose all
compression.  Once I figured it out, I staked that sucker in place with a
punch.  That was about 15 years ago, and it's a Briggs engine.

It's also wicked fast in "high" gear, which is one of the major reasons I
bought it.  I walk fast and can barely keep up.  The shop guys were
hysterical when I asked about the fastest mower in the shop.  I didn't want
to spend on a riding mower (thread content) and this self propelled worked
out great.

Jack