[Shop-talk] best residential mower

Subject: [Shop-talk] best residential mower
From: shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org (shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:45:07 -0400
I'm of a similar mind set to Mark.  Analogously, I'd like to have all
Snap-On and IR tools in my shop, but I don't use them professionally and I
tend to settle for the HF disposable items and only treat myself on occasion
to the good stuff--knowing I will never see the value out of my expensive
air impact gun relative to an HF gun.

For me, I'd seriously think about how long I might use the tractor and go
from there.  We are periodically presented with the "opportunity" to relo
and the tractor was one of things that didn't make one of our prior moves.

That said, my in-laws traded their Case diesel for a Kubota a couple years
ago and they couldn't be happier with the reliability or the design.  This
is a real outlier given that they only buy American cars and Ford trucks.
Also, my friend runs a landscaping business and after 20 years, he now only
buys Kubota...although I see him with someone else's demo periodically, the
old units are Kubota.

- Ian