[Shop-talk] best residential mower

Subject: [Shop-talk] best residential mower
From: marka at maracing.com (Mark Andy)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:35:00 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, David C. wrote:
> Kubota.

I have done absolutely no research at all.

That said, every time I see the word "Kubota" mentioned as regards "mowing
my lawn", what I hear in my head is "way the hell too much money".

I have a POS Cub Cadet LT-whatever lawn tractor that we bought seven years
ago.  I've changed the mower deck belt a few times when it broke, changed
the Hydrostatic drive belt once when it broke (which was a huge PITA), and
I think I've changed the oil twice.  IIRC, we paid around $1700 for it.

I would really like to have a zero turn mower.  But I seriously doubt I
can afford to buy a used Kubota, let alone a new one.

Mark