[Shop-talk] water in basement

Subject: [Shop-talk] water in basement
From: tr3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:48:06 -0700
> I ended up pumping it out with a pump my neither had made that only
> needed about an inch of water to be able to do its job.

Which was going to be my suggestion in the first place.  Once the pump gets
the whole floor down as low as it can, then you can drop the pump into a
bucket and empty your shop vac into the bucket.

Depending on how big a rush you are in (and whether you have a 12vdc supply
handy), there are marine bilge pumps available for under $30 that will pump
down to 1/4" or less.

Even one of those cheap drill-powered things would be better than trying to
lug all that water up steps!

-- Randall