[Shop-talk] water in basement

Subject: [Shop-talk] water in basement
From: tputland at charter.net (Tim)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:46:28 -0400 (EDT)
I tried to deal with this exact situation with a shop vac about 15 years
ago. It is very hard work. Be forewarned, if you are the one going up
the stairs carrying the buckets, it would be best if you are in decent
shape ( as I was ) and regardless of how fit you are, you will still be
sore the next day.

But the most important piece of information I can pass along that may
seem obvious but really isn't (wasn't to me then): make sure the water
is done coming in before you start to remove the water a bucket at a
time. Don't ask me how I know.

I ended up pumping it out with a pump my neither had made that only
needed about an inch of water to be able to do its job.

Good luck!

Tim