[Shop-talk] water in basement

Subject: [Shop-talk] water in basement
From: pj_thomas at comcast.net (Peter J. Thomas)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:25:03 -0400
On 9/10/2011 8:09 PM, Dan Fest wrote:
> We've gotten hammered with rain over the last few days.  Our basement has
> about 1 inch of water in it.  It came in through the walls that aren't as
> water tight as the floor which is waterproof concrete.  We've never had
> trouble before.  My questions is this.  How do we get the water out ?? It
> isn't enough for most pumps that I am familar with.  Any ideas ??
> Thanks,
> Dan

Like others have said, shop vac.  I'd like to add: HD and I'm sure other
such places sell mini vacs that fit on top of a 5 gallon bucket for
about $20.  Get one of these and 4 buckets.  One person vacuums and when
two buckets are full another person carries them out, one in each hand.
Carrying two five gallon buckets, 50 lbs apiece, out of a basement will
be a lot easier than a full shop vac.  Also should be faster with one
person vacuuming while the other totes.

Peter T.