[Shop-talk] the continuing water saga

Subject: [Shop-talk] the continuing water saga
From: scott.hall.personal at gmail.com (Scott Hall)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:30:20 -0400
No thoughts on what you should get other than I was just thinking to ask
the same question of the list--and about making my own, too.

I'm about to upgrade to a bigger compressor and was thinking of making
an intercooler to put between the compressor and the tank.  Basically
remove the copper line and plumb it instead to an old a/c A-frame
condenser sunk in a 55-gallon drum of water.  Or maybe skip the water
and just have a fan blow over the A-frame?  Then a water trap between
the 'intercooler' setup and the tank?

I'm not married to that setup specifically, more asking opinions on the
merits of desiccating the water before it gets to the tank.  We
more-or-less stay near 100% humidity here most of the year, and I was
hoping to spare the tank some rust if I could.  Would I be crippling my
ultimate output pressure or flow with something like that?