[Shop-talk] the continuing water saga

Subject: [Shop-talk] the continuing water saga
From: scott.hall.personal at gmail.com (Scott Hall)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:38:40 -0400
That's mostly what I wonder about--how much pressure will I be giving up
(if any) with a cooler system before the tank.  The pressure switch is
mounted on the tank, so I assume it'll direct the compressor pump to
keep pumping until it reaches whatever pressure it's set for...if it
can.  But I don't want to restrict it so much that I get 30 seconds of
full-pressure then have to wait for it to recover because I've throttled
it so much.  I've seen finned plates on those lines before, but it seems
to me that the water still ends up in the tank.  I thought it'd be nice
to capture it before it has the change to get in there and rust
something.  At least to the extent possible.

The water drum was more of an interesting thought to me--without a
radiator of its own it's just a heat sink.  Which is fine, but that's
not necessarily what I'm after.  I thought about getting a pump and
maybe even refrigerating the water, but at some point we're just getting
crazy.  :-)