Re: [Shop-talk] storage shed plans

To: Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] storage shed plans
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 07:59:46 -0400
At 09:36 PM 5/19/2011, Mark Andy wrote:

 >You were really close to $1k in materials for an 8x8 shed?

 >I'm currently kicking around building or buying something for my
four year old's
 >outdoor toys to keep them under cover / get him used to putting stuff away,
 >etc.

 >I was a little shocked by what people were charging for simple 8x8-ish sheds.

Many many years ago, I wanted to put up a shelf in my garage.  Unfrotunately,
a hurricane had just taken out a big section of Flordia.  I couldn't
believe the
increase in the price of 2x4s and 1/2" plywood.  So concidering what's been
happening in this country lately, it may be a lot cheaper, quicker and easier
to get on of the vinyl sheds from Costco, BJ, Sams, or even HomeDepot/Lowes.
I build a 10'w x 12'L vinyl shed from lowes about 3 years ago for about $1800,
including cinderblock for the floor and foundation.

http://www.team.net/www/morgan/other/shed/shed.html

I've seen some really nice sheds at Costco pretty cheap $600 to $800.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic