Re: [Shop-talk] Replacing a damaged helicoil

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Replacing a damaged helicoil
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:58:09 -0600
Nope, anything that would grip the inside of the insert will just
tighten it into the hole.

If you have someone local that has an electrochemical machining machine
that can be used with the head in the car, that will also work, but it
requires that the hole and area around it be flooded with a fluid, so
the hole needs to be on top of the head.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake BJNoSHOV8, On 2/25/2011 6:46 PM: