Re: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutters
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 12:35:58 -0600
I always look into buying new equipment so I can do a job myself when it
is time to buy something, or have someone else make something for me.I
bought a MIG welder, but borrowed a plasma cutter from a friend to cut a
bunch of 1/2" plate for a set of stairs I was building. From the
beginning it worked fine. The biggest challenge for me was to cut at a
stead rate along the line I wanted to cut.

All that is needed is electricity and air to run the thing. There are
expendable tip parts, but they are cheap. If you think you may need to
cut thicker material, you may want to move up to a bigger machine.

If this is something that you don't think you will need again. you might
want to check with your local welding supplier to see if they have units
for rent.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake eric@megageek.com, On 1/5/2011 10:56 AM: